Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,792 Posts

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Yea they are damn expensive, I posted in the wanted section about a week or so ago about a 3 gauge holder of any description and nothing has come back so guess there's not a lot out there s/h.

Is that price through rev9?

Might just get the £80 Moss above radio one as a compromise.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea they are damn expensive, I posted in the wanted section about a week or so ago about a 3 gauge holder of any description and nothing has come back so guess there's not a lot out there s/h.

Is that price through rev9?

Might just get the ?80 Moss above radio one as a compromise.
For me the moss one sits to low, i would like to have my gauges up on the dash, i can glance at them and still see the road, down by the radio i need my glasses, ha ha

·
internet warrior
11,622 Posts
surely there is someone on here who you can borrow one off and get a proper mould taken from it?

there would be a lot off people interested if it was done properly, not like the piss poor effort some did last time

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
How about taking a scrap OEM radio surround, chopping the top off and blending it into another one and recovering to hidde the join? One of my future projects...

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
What would you guys say to having them where the current heater controls are?

Working on something atm that could be the answers to your prayers if that is the case.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I want Russell - Vindi, to do one. I gave him a spare radio console as a hint

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I want Russell - Vindi, to do one. I gave him a spare radio console as a hint
Oh, is that why I got it? It all comes out now!!!

Its on the list, but the KG works ones will come first as they are a quick one to make (and half done already)... this wil be a bit harder as there are several complex curves and the mounts are a complex shape too, need to make it in 2 parts or make the front face in one piece, then blend in some metal brackets...

So if anyone else fancies making these, let me know so I don't cross over with anyone else!

Russell.

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Mines a zoom copy that I had covered in leather. It took a bit of trimming and filling to get it to fit right, but I thing it was worth the effort. I would be willing to make a cardboard template if anyone want to attempt making one up. I got a spare console from the scrappy for a fiver and used epoxy to bond it altogether, so the whole thing is solid.
I wouldnt pay £300 for one though.

Photo added, not the best image but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mines a zoom copy that I had covered in leather. It took a bit of trimming and filling to get it to fit right, but I thing it was worth the effort. I would be willing to make a cardboard template if anyone want to attempt making one up. I got a spare console from the scrappy for a fiver and used epoxy to bond it altogether, so the whole thing is solid.
I wouldnt pay ?300 for one though.
When you`ve sorted the emanage problem, a copy would be a great idea, even if its in kit form, say three or four pieces.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wouldnt pay ?300 for one though.
When you`ve sorted the emanage problem, a copy would be a great idea, even if its in kit form, say three or four pieces.
[/quote]

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I'll sort something out over the next few days.

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
would need to have the drop away to the dash in a tasteful way.

watching with interest.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts