Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all im new to the forum and to mx5's and picked up my 1st today but after i had took the roof down to show my mum as i did the zip back up it literaly fell to peices in my hand

Is there an easy fix to this or do i need to remove the roof and sew in a new zip

Any help and advice appreciated

Thanks

Daz

· Registered
2,299 Posts
Is the zip ripped or is the lock clip pulled off the end. If the lock is pulled off the end it can be carefully rethreaded. Once you have the zip back together you can burn two small holes in each piece of the zip and put a small cable tie through the holes to stop the zip lock pulling of the end again.

If the zip itself is broken you may be able to get a sail maker to mend it.

· Registered
320 Posts
we eventually got zip back on ok after gently closeing the head with pliers and removeing end staple zipped up great !
first time hood swap removed knackered tan top and replaced with black vinly top from my s spec as I have h/top
althouth it was tight managed to close front brackets and adjust accordingly quite pleased he now has good roof and
next swop should be a doddle. took about 1 hour to fit adjust after takeing 1 to 2 hours to remove mine learning curve etc !!
rain rail was main worrie but went in no problem easier to see how it works when off all in all good day
thanks for reply guys happy new year
gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.