Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you guys running these as every day tyres?
Im looking for a full set of something for my mk2 dont want the toyo proxys t1rs again looking for something with more all round grip
thanks

·
was b0builder
6,487 Posts
I ran them And I rated them very highly people say they are no good in the wet but I never had any problem

Rated them better than t1s

·
Dr. Eunos
5,457 Posts
I find the Yokohama PS2 to be fine and a lot better than the Toyo T1R in terms of dry grip and durability, I used them for a few autotests and last year`s Nurburgring trip and they were fine for the track and for a few monsoon downpours on the Autobahn, they gave a good fairly quiet ride at higher speeds and at £40 a corner they are very good value.
I can see how they would not be the most ideal track-day rubber, where a car is ragged on very abrasive tarmac through many bends and until they melt - but for every day road use they were fine, oh yeah, and look pretty sexy too.
I will be buying them again...

·
finds titles too "mainstream"
5,156 Posts
I've heard similar about the Prada's wet grip so stayed clear.

Problem is once you've bought them your stuck with them so if you get tyres that you don't like you need to either grin and bear it until they die or write off whatever they cost you, so it could be they are perfectly good in the wet but with nothing to go on but others feedback it's hard to make a proper choice.

It's for this reason I'm chopping in my T1R's for 595RSR's fairly soon. They cost a lot more but they'll survive on track better then the toyo's and they are one of the few tyres I'm yet to find anyone say anything bad about, well except for them being a rubbish snow tyre...

·
The Small One!
884 Posts
I had a set on some spare wheels I used on a track; grippier than the T1R's that I run daily, and lasted a lot longer on the track

They were pretty bad in the wet (around the track at excessive speeds), but so were the T1Rs ..

I'm sticking with T1Rs purely for the price, and using different tyres altogether for the track - I dont push daily driving that hard.

·
finds titles too "mainstream"
5,156 Posts
What about Hankook RS2's? Not used myself but if I hadn't decided on going the extra mile for the rsr's they were a runner up in my thinking. Khumo's are supposed to be quite good too. A few people on here use them, apparently they've had some QA issues so I'd suggest doing your own research but the feedback has been pretty good from people on the whole.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I had some Parada Spec 2s on a set of wheels that I bought, going from Rainsport 2s, to them, I lost a lot of steering feel, there was no more grip in the dry, and less in the wet. Highly overrated IMO.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Not a track day driver, or a fast road driver but have spec 2's fitted on my car, new with the wheels about 18 months ago. They are wearing very well, have good grip in the dry IMO and not had any silly moments in the wet, great value, love the tread pattern and would fit again when these wear out. Just my own opinion though as tyre selection/preference/cost/individual experience (either real or created) is spread so wide, is it not almost impossible to get a real "feel" about tyres?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Had these on my Cooper S. They are a great road tyre in the dry. But they are terrible in the wet,people say they're not but that's not true! They were never designed to grip in the wet. Yes if you drive sensibly they're okay, but don't expect to take corners at any fun speed with these on in the wet! Unless your idea of fun is under steer, oversteer or spinning out :p

·
was b0builder
6,487 Posts
Sorry got to disagree I had these on when I first got the car and found them great in wet and dry and never had any problems with them for the price they where brilliant
But I must say I think its subjective I had t1s and I hated them they scared me but everybody else loves them

·
Registered
113 Posts
Got told they were pants.. Had issues with them in the wet on a scoob in the past circa 400/400. Got some bought as a gift. Run them on my 5 once scrubbed in fine. Use and abuse them daily rain or shine...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.