Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

Wtb: Nd Sport Recaro - Soul Red

786 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  vancehill0677 
#1 ·
Evening all,

I'm looking to buy an MX5 Sport Recaro with low mileage in soul red. Preferably located around the Midlands.

Thank you.

#3 ·
Try mazda approved used, ebay, autocar, etc.

I have a base model MK4 and the only external physical difference to the Sport recaro is the bigger fancier wheels, and the recaro seats with emblem. A lot of extra cash for driving around in the same looking car. OK, you get and extra £1000 of stiffer beefed up suspension, if you like that for sportier driving, but no more extra power as per the standard 2.0. Think you should add a standard 2.0 to your list, to find a better choice.

I would say if your buying any MK4 do not buy a 2016 model or first few months of 2017, as there was a lot design faults on the gearboxes at that time causing lots of failures, Mazda has to re-design the gearbox on later models. Mine was a 2017, but I specifically asked if it was the revised gearbox, and it was.

The MX5 MK4 is very reliable, I have owned mine over 3.5 years now, but did have to replace the battery at my cost for higher Amperhour as it was not man enough to leave the car two weeks without driving it, or it flattened the battery. So watch you do not get the basic battery.

One other thing to take note of, that i did not know when buying , is the car has a 'passenger friendly' bonnet, that if explodes for any reason, and can cost you a small fortune to replace explosive bonnet hinges, creased bonnet, reset safety system, etc. so avoid touching bollards with the front bumper when parking, it could be that sensitive :D

Other than that, its a brilliant car to own and drive, Good hunting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.