Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Boss!!
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be using a 1.8tb on my 1,8 conversion as im using a stand alone ecu on the 1.6 loom. But none of the connectors fit on the engine side of the loom (injectors). 1.6 use 6pin connectors and 1.8 uses 8 pin.

Ive re-wired for tps, iscv, fans and cas.

Can someone advise on how you go about rewiring so you can use the 1.8tb.

Sooo confused. I was told the engine side loom just disconnects from the rest of the loom but i cant seem to find this, as it just goes straight into the main loom into the bulkhead.

·
Has a bigger supercharger than you
1,733 Posts
Going to be using a 1.8tb on my 1,8 conversion as im using a stand alone ecu on the 1.6 loom. But none of the connectors fit on the engine side of the loom (injectors). 1.6 use 6pin connectors and 1.8 uses 8 pin.

Ive re-wired for tps, iscv, fans and cas.

Can someone advise on how you go about rewiring so you can use the 1.8tb.

Sooo confused. I was told the engine side loom just disconnects from the rest of the loom but i cant seem to find this, as it just goes straight into the main loom into the bulkhead.
All of the 1.6 loom should fit everything but the idle valve i believe. You should be using the injector loom from the 1.6 too.

·
Boss!!
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well none of my connectors fit. tps and isc i know you can just re-wire the 1.8 plugs onto them so they work. But the injectors side 1.8tb has 8pin connecter and the 1.6 loom only has a 6pin and therefore you cannot join. Only thing that conencts is the cas.

·
Has a bigger supercharger than you
1,733 Posts
well none of my connectors fit. tps and isc i know you can just re-wire the 1.8 plugs onto them so they work. But the injectors side 1.8tb has 8pin connecter and the 1.6 loom only has a 6pin and therefore you cannot join. Only thing that conencts is the cas.
Use the 1.6 injector loom too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.