Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so when im drifting and giving it some beans i would like to have the controll over the second fan on my rad.

i have a switch ready to go and im hopeless with that magic stuff you call electronics so if anyone could give me any advice that would be much apreciated or even if anyone has done this before

thanks
Yoshi

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
At the ECU connect the second fan wire to the first, that way both come on together when they're needed

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Appanently you can do it by linking the 2 wires which went to the ac unit behind the glove box. The fan then activates when you press the ac button.

Ric

·
20,813 Posts
There is no advantage to having it controlled manually though.
If you wire it up to the left fan the ECU switches it on an off as and when it's needed.

It's also easier to wire it up this way that it is to strip out the dash and get to the wire behind the AC control knob.
Pull the carpet back and 5 x bolts and the ECU cover is off.
Splice the AC fan control wire to the fan control wire and your done.

·
Registered
632 Posts
There is no advantage to having it controlled manually though.
If you wire it up to the left fan the ECU switches it on an off as and when it's needed.

It's also easier to wire it up this way that it is to strip out the dash and get to the wire behind the AC control knob.
Pull the carpet back and 5 x bolts and the ECU cover is off.
Splice the AC fan control wire to the fan control wire and your done.
i planned on doing this at some point, do you know what color the wires are, or what pin they are in etc? and will it still work if i remove the aircon?

·
20,813 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts