Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i like them! i think they could look rather good. hopefully someone can provide a piccy of a 5 with them on!

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I've got some very like this... and it's all about the size! Most of this style of mirror are absolutely tiny, fine if you are in a single seater and the mirror is about a foot from your face, but put them on a normal car and they are not much use!!
Try this to see if you could live with it. Get the measurements of the glass, and cut a hole in a piece of paper to that size. Put the piece of paper over your existing mirrors so you can just see using the same area of glass... then get some bigger mirrors that you can actually see out of!!

Steve - have a look at mine when you're over and you'll see what I mean!!

Russell.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
As above - awesome on a kit car (I had them on mine) but not much good for a 5.

Pat...

·
Super Moderator
10,057 Posts
As above - awesome on a kit car (I had them on mine) but not much good for a 5.

Pat...
I think these actually come in several different sizes, so if some of them are a bit (actually make that a lot) bigger, they might be worthwhile?

Russell.
[/quote]
the 5's mirrors are very good. if it's purely a styling thing on a track car, it's a backwards step

it's not so much the size, it's the vibration i have problems with on the indy
tom

·
Oh, hai!
5,001 Posts
I'd not consider tiny mirrors like that on a road car, far too small to make any use of.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its for a track car, not road car and not styling more cutting the car down to bare essentials.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Nothing to be gained per ?.

Use the money to buy some good running trainers and run - added lightness.

I had the biggest SPA on the kit car BTW but wouldn't want them on a 5.

Pat...

·
Super Moderator
10,057 Posts
Its for a track car, not road car and not styling more cutting the car down to bare essentials.
you've established you need good rear view. the stock mirrors provide this in spades.

the stock mirrors are not that heavy and they're not going to cause much drag. it's a styling thing

come see me sometime over summer and you can judge the effectiveness, or lack of, of little mirrors. i'm genuinely thinking of filling mine with lead shot to try damp the vibration and lower the resonant frequency. kills the weight saving, but i'd happily admit, they're largely a style thing on the indy
tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts