Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this manifold on ebay, its not one of the crappy stainless ones that will crack, its cast. I have a td04l turbo off an impreza, this manifold is for a t3. ive seen on bell engineering that they make an adaptor for the turbo for a t3 flange, so the question is are all t3 flanges the same? and does anyone think this would be any good for a diy build as im trying to keep the cost down,thanks.

·
少し ロバ
1,990 Posts
The cast manifold seems to work without cracking search for tacotaco manifold theres a few threads on Miata Turbo.net, relief cuts between each port wouldn't go amiss though.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
cant see that working mate,

I have the same turbo and I think you'd struggle to close the bonnet with that manifold,

regardless of which manifold you go for you'll most likely also have to clock the turbo and move the actuator to allow the bonnet to close, and keep the oil drain facing downwards,

take a look at the link in my sig, to the turbo build, theres some pics that may help

·
Keyboard 'worrier'
4,986 Posts
I've got one of those manifolds in the shed I've borrowed off a mate to see if I can knock up an adaptor for t28 and a downpipe. Might need to put a nice bend in the adaptor or just a big lump in the bonnet

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Turbo to manifold gaskets are a common failure point. With an adaptor you will have two. It might make you wish you never bothered.

Sell the TD04 and buy a T3. How much can it cost? Then you need no adaptor and you can buy exhaust systems off the shelf. It becomes professional.

·
Registered
454 Posts
i know what you're saying about another failure point , but cant you just get a short 45 degree connector fabricated to position the turbo in a better position? A gasket is an easy thing to change at the top of the engine

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thing is ive never welded before so i dont know if id manage a manifold. its either that or id pay sombody to make me one,or i may just have to get the begi kit. i think a t3 turbo is too much for what im after to be honest

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.