Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Oh, hai!
5,001 Posts
I'll get mine on Payday, it's a tight month this month.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
jeeeez ?35 a pop, thats up from last year.(iirc it was ?25?)
x2 makes it a expensive weekend

·
Oh, hai!
5,001 Posts
Don't forget that should cover the cost of a large marquee. Plus it's an epic weekend and well worth the (375 mile for me) trip.

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
I knew there'd be some moaning about the ticket price

Firstly, the price includes the site fees which it hasn't in previous years. So you had part of your ticket price paid for. I've fronted the cost for the stand and I'll recoup it from the ticket sales, if enough sell.

Secondly, the cost price of tickets to me is ?25. It's a tenner on top to recoup the stand fees and what's left over is to pay for a marquee - which won't be cheap. The cost on the gate will be ?35 to the best of my knowledge and that doesn't allow you on the stand.

At the moment we've sold 2 tickets. It's going to be a lonely stand for those 2 if everyone baulks at the price. Looks like 50 might have been an optimistic estimate at the moment

Daz

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
I suspect the lack of early take up is because the event's a fair way off. However, if it's to be organised, people need to buy their tickets soon. Without sufficient numbers, there won't be money to hire a marquee and if everyone wants to leave it last minute to buy tickets then there won't be time to hire one or organise any of the other things that people want to have at JAE.

We're not on the list at the moment but we should be coming. Won't be camping though, we'll stay in a nice comfy hotel

Daz

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
im deffo coming, was just waiting till nearer the date to get the ticket,

ill get my arse in gear and get one bought sooner than later, i will be camping, and arriving on the friday

·
Cordivar
3,005 Posts
I'll deffo be there as well, im just in the middle of paying for house moving fees etc(hence sale of seats)so will pay after next wage comes in.

·
internet warrior
11,622 Posts
yeah i will be coming too but cant afford to buy till july due to getting car painted and other stuff!

also this is the first year for a while that we are attempting to organise it! last 2 years people just paid on the gate.

will pay next month though

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
yeah i will be coming too but cant afford to buy till july due to getting car painted and other stuff!

also this is the first year for a while that we are attempting to organise it! last 2 years people just paid on the gate.

will pay next month though
No, it's not. Ticket sales were paid for on the gate but we always paid for the plot in advance - this organisation has always happened behind the scenes. This year it's different, JAE have changed the way they sell plot space and tickets. The two are now directly correlated and cost for space is related to number of tickets bought. I've booked a larger plot so that the numbers being previously talked about could be comfortably accommodated, but to do this (and get more space if I need to) I'm preselling tickets for it with a view to booking more space if we need it.

Daz

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
I'm a definate as well, do i have to pay full price for my son who's 14?
Juniors are classed as under 12 on the JAE website, but it doesn't go into more detail on there as yet. It seems a bit too low an age to me to have to pay full price, it's worth checking with John.

Daz

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
I'm sure it'll be fine

Nutzers won't bother what car you have and I think JAE aren't fussed what car you have as long as it's Jap.

Get your tickets in the Nutzshop

Daz

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Im at the races that weekend....(te only weekend I dress/act like a lady, before you say it Chris/matt/dave)!! Ha Ha.

·
internet warrior
11,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
come on ladies, if your coming buy a ticket so we get an idea about numbers and can start to make plans

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Im at the races that weekend....(te only weekend I dress/act like a lady, before you say it Chris/matt/dave)!! Ha Ha.
I'm sorry Emily but i don't think you'd last an hour dressing or acting like a lady nevermind a full day
not without farting burping or swearing.we are gonna need to see some pics of you dressed up lol.And don't get that pissed and do your party trick of a banana in your mouth sideways.Were all used to it but strangers might think you need help

Dave

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
come on ladies, if your coming buy a ticket so we get an idea about numbers and can start to make plans
^^^ This

It really isn't far away and we can't make plans without proper numbers.

Daz

·
Oh, hai!
5,001 Posts
^^^ This

It really isn't far away and we can't make plans without proper numbers.

Daz
[/quote]
Indeed.

And I'll be mightily pissed if the Nutz stand gets canned because of lack of numbers. I'll hunt everyone down and shit in their lips.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts