Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

White 1991 Bbr Turbo

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  theonemanyuri 
#1 ·
Hi all,

New to MX5's/jap cars in general and was after a mk2, before I found this BBR at a nice price with no rust at all on it (sills were done by Autolink a while ago). I'm glad it's got the extra oomph too 'cause I might have struggled going from a Volvo T4 to a stock MX5. Having said that, this is easily the best, most enjoyable car I've owned and can see myself with it for a long time. It drives like a bloody dream and is even nicer to drive than a kit car I used to have. I LOVE it!

Got a fair few plans for it but I'm keeping it simple so far although next on the list is a GV splitter. Alongside a trackday or two and possibly up the boost a bit to get 200bhp out of it.
It's fitted with DIYPNP and was tuned by Skuzzle, lowered on coilovers but apart from that it's more or less standard.

Enough of the talking, here's some pics: (It needs a good mop and clean, which will be done soon - I'm currently getting a hard-top painted matching white and will get it mopped when I pick that up).

Hope you all like

See less See more
#5 ·
Cheers for the replies

@eurospec: The BBR's have a low turbo compared to the kits etc you get. With a vertical mounted intercooler behind the radiator to the left in the pic above. The turbo is in there sitting quite low with the pipe to the intercooler running pretty much along the bottom of the engine.

\/ This is probably a slightly better pic showing the layout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.