Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
583 Posts
The correct hood for a VR Ltd is finished in a colour called 'Stone'. I restored a VR for a customer last year and had a pig of a job getting a hood in the right colour. Eventually I found one sitting on the shelf of a parts supplier: it had been sitting there for a very long time and even so, they charged me through the nose for it. I thought at the time that if I ever needed to replace the hood on a VR Ltd again, it would probably be impossible to do and retain the corect colour.

And guess what? I'm currently busy giving another VR Ltd another lease of life and I have been facing the same problem all over again. This one has previously had its hood replaced with a tan one (same colour as fitted the the V-Specials) though its now utterly knackered. This colour is readily available but doesn't match the 'Stone' colour of the leather seats and in my opinion, doesn't look right. I'm almost certainly going to opt for a black hood this time.

If you have the chance of collecting Dixon206's original hood, I'd snap his hand off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.