Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Randomer
8,007 Posts
*ahem*....

they appear to be XXR/Sportmax 002's, same as I and quite a few other have on Nutz.

they're pretty wide & have a low offset, so like the car in that pic you will more than likely need to roll/flare your wheelarches, or cut the arches and fit fender flares...

they're fairly cheap, but not great quality, and you may have to get some shipped over from the USA if you intend getting some.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
their quite heavy for their size and the lacquer is known to peal quicker than it would take me to drop my kegs to jessica alba

as to width i think they mostly only come in 0 offset but i think you can get them in +38 but not 100% certain

·
Randomer
8,007 Posts
lower quality as in the finish is pretty poor, I had mine powdercoated after about 18months as the laquer on the polished lip had begun flaking & coming off, I guess they're fine if you live in sunny California where they'll never see road salt.
They're also not particularly light, but not too bad.

I don't know what widths they do them in, mine are 15x8J, with 0et offset. By fitting narrower tyres (like 195's) you can fit them under stock arches but then you may find it affects the handling a bit.
Either way you're best off rolling and/or flaring the stock arches to give you some clearance.

·
4 Speed, 4 Star
2,789 Posts
nightmare, when you say low quality, in what way? also, is it possible to squeeze them under standard arches if i go for a lower width?
The lacquer and finish is terrible.

From what i recall they were good value with the weak dollar, but you can get much more for your money now.

Very heavy as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
has the car pictured actually had the arches flared?? or just dialled in some mega camber?

can anyone suggest another rim like this? with some good dish, pics would be nice too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts