Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
I think people tend to use the T25 for the 1.6.

FM, Greddy, HKS, Begi, Homebrew, Ebay is where.

Can I just ask.... did you do any reading at all?

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
flyinmiata from their website, begi from their website, greddy and hks no longer produced, ebay waste of money. That's all the ones I can think of atm. Prices on websites.

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
The only real ones, as mentioned, are the Begi kits, and the Flyin miata ones. The Begi is the cheaper option but the flyin miata ones seems to be running more power (obviously with more upgrades available etc). Both have to be imported which bump up the price quite a bit.

You can look on here and the bay for cheaper options to come available (like I have been doing) but these get snapped up soooo quickly even when you spend hours waiting for them to pop up. Even then these second hand kits might not be worth the price in the long run as they often need replacement bits or have bits missing etc. I have been looking now for a good few months (at the cheaper end of the market) but like I said they are rare as 9 pence. Theres a few decent kits which come up for sale but again your looking at around 2k.

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
The only real ones, as mentioned, are the Begi kits, and the Flyin miata ones. The Begi is the cheaper option but the flyin miata ones seems to be running more power (obviously with more upgrades available etc). Both have to be imported which bump up the price quite a bit.

You can look on here and the bay for cheaper options to come available (like I have been doing) but these get snapped up soooo quickly even when you spend hours waiting for them to pop up. Even then these second hand kits might not be worth the price in the long run as they often need replacement bits or have bits missing etc. I have been looking now for a good few months (at the cheaper end of the market) but like I said they are rare as 9 pence. Theres a few decent kits which come up for sale but again your looking at around 2k.
TBH you can get the same sort of power levels out of both the begi and the fm kits, it all depends on what you add on to the basic kits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts