Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
12121 - 12136 of 12136 Posts

·
Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,632 Posts
Blew a hose off under boost. Holy shit but that gets your attention when your only throttle is pre-blower.

Nailed it uphill, wound it right out then went for another gear and the engine just pegged itself to the limiter. I thought the throttle had jammed open. Effectively it had, though at least the supercharger was only adding alarming screaming noises and not boost.

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
Blew a hose off under boost. Holy shit but that gets your attention when your only throttle is pre-blower.

Nailed it uphill, wound it right out then went for another gear and the engine just pegged itself to the limiter. I thought the throttle had jammed open. Effectively it had, though at least the supercharger was only adding alarming screaming noises and not boost.
I've blown a couple of pipes off on track days. The first time it scared the hell out of me, thought the engine was toast!

·
Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,632 Posts
So I sorted out those hose clamps after blowing a pipe off in boost the other day. Yeah, that clamp is pretty close to the nose pulley but, aw it looks like there's clearance.
<200 miles later> What is that strange new noise I keep hearing? And oh, hey, wasn't that roughly finished silver pulley smooth and anodised black when I set off this morning?

D'oh!

·
Registered
409 Posts
It's been such a terrible summer I wonder if I'm going to get the cover off mine? I had planned to install switches for the centre lights and hazards, new wipers, and refresh the petrol cap cover. I have a new exhaust and battery I've not even run in.

Maybe I should at least give the engine a tick over...?

·
Torque Setting - Up to shear & back a flap!
2018 MX-5 SE - L Nav +2.0L 184 BHP
1,086 Posts
Went out to sort out flaking clear coat on one of my wheels, ended up taking most of the clear coat of and some base coat too, just kept noticing more and more little chips and faults in the clear, my fault really, had a wheel ‘refurbed’ by some muppet a couple of years back. Also, un-pinched my rear gaiter shock boot after an advisory by Mr MOT man, oops the muppet this time was meee!

·
Torque Setting - Up to shear & back a flap!
2018 MX-5 SE - L Nav +2.0L 184 BHP
1,086 Posts
Oh and I fitted this before MOT, tester loved it, so does the copper, who lives down the road.:p

ISR back box

·
Registered
409 Posts
Put new wipers on (after a real issue with the stubborn passenger one), installed a retro switch for the Hazards/headlights, and a new Moss chrome filler cap cover lid to replace my pitted old one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Plan was to renew rear brake pads. Got the old ones off and then realised that the new ones are a different size. Reassembled until I get chance to swap them. Whilst at it I got it up on the ramps and crawled underneath with some under seal and splashed a bit of that around

·
layabout
2,640 Posts
What Have You Done To Your Mx5 Today?
walked past them (again)
moved bits around so I could access tooling in the workshop..
wondered if I'll get time to actually build the bloody thing🤬
and...
wondered if I'm ever going to see the parts I've ordered from Mx5parts, 2 months ago🤬

W⚓'s

Rich.

12121 - 12136 of 12136 Posts