Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to what other people use, and what offers the best protection. I looked at the AG roof care kit but didn't go with that as my roof is vinyl so I've been using AG vinyl & rubber care. Beads nice and keeps it looking new, just want to know if there is a better product about.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd like to know as well, I've been using back to black on my vinyl roof which has got it a nice dark colour, I was then thinking something from a camping shop for some waterproofing ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
That on a vinyl or mohair roof

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Wouldn'
I'd like to know as well, I've been using back to black on my vinyl roof which has got it a nice dark colour, I was then thinking something from a camping shop for some waterproofing ?
3m scotchgard outdoor perhaps. I don't think it's fussy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Autoglym cleaner/restorer came out tops in an Autocar test but when I read the bottle at Halfrauds it says use on fabric only!
i have used that on my vinyl roof it works fine i gave it two applications of the restorer as the recommended method of spraying it on was haphazard especially when it's windy!! , the second i used a small dishwashing sponge sprayed it onto the sponge then applied it with that you get better coverage and it's eay to get into any nooks and crannys especially around the rear window .
any water beads very well now

·
Registered
426 Posts
I use ukvalets tyre shine is top notch stuff darkens it really well and beads like wax would,lasts for two weeks or so,and it saves you buying to different product for two different things

·
Registered
893 Posts
I wouldn't trust fairy liquid.
I'd be looking at a 2-part cleaner. Turtle wax do a roof cleaning kit which has a bottle of cleaner,and. Bottle of conditioner to protect it afterwards. (that's for cloth)
If your too is vinyls then something that moisturises will help with the colour,like a bumper dressing or even back to black,(the cream in a stubby bottle),as it's not actually black,but has revitalising qualities to bring the true colur back out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.