Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

What do you guy think about this rust?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Shadowraven 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I hope you are all well.

I wanted an honest opinion about what you guys think about the rust on this car and if you guys think it is worth fixing or not?

Sorry if the pictures are awful.

Have a great evening and thank you :)
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Window
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Car
Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Hood
Automotive tire Hood Tread Automotive design Motor vehicle
Wheel Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Automotive super charger part Nut
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
To be honest it depends on your attachment to the car, often it's worse on the inside...
Looks like your drain holes have been blocked as the whole sill is showing all the way along.
Someone else will be able to chime in with an approximate cost, but you will need to be prepared to stump up for any more work that gets found!

Having said that, as an enthusiast I would say they are all worth saving 🤣😁

I see it's a mk2 so likely those chassis rails will need looking at too!

If you do decide to get rid of it, the cylinder head you have is quite desirable and will fetch a couple of hundred quid on it's own 😉

#5 ·
As RE suggests, there'll be more hiding but how much is actually perforated as opposed to corroded - makes a difference at MOT time & also consider it's value (sale and to you?) and what you're prepared to spend on it or a replacement whatever🤨

Rich.

#6 ·
Doesnt look too bad to me. It will be worse on the inside sure but I've seen way worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.