Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did a 20 min autotune on the way home at 5am this morning when I finally finished the install, no more than 3k rpm and very light throttle, but it was very lean (14-16, but more 15-16)

Do I just trust the autotune to get on with it?

have set it so its easy on the change resistance, and it has been moving values.

All I have changed from the base map(MSPNP base map) except the AFR targets (see below). Is the req fuel to 6.3 as I have 440 RX8 injectors, is this a little low hence the lean-ness?

Also, I changed the scale of the AFR targets to go upto 200kpa, and 7200 rpm, shall I scall the other tables similarly. I have no boost guage so dont know what I'm tuning to...

what scales and targets are those with M45's (mini or otherwise) running small nose pulleys going for? and how much boost am I getting... (it is intertcooled)

On a side note..... HOW AWESOME IS THAT NOISE!!!!! Its very loud, think I have some dual TB balancing to do, but bloody hell what a noise!!

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
The noise is great isn't it!!

I'm getting 9psi on a cold morning with intercooler and 14% reduction.

What size is your pulley?

There is a thread on Miataturbo about using Autotune (cant find link) to is best ability re: tuning idle etc etc...

Welcome to the dark side!!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The noise is great isn't it!!

I'm getting 9psi on a cold morning with intercooler and 14% reduction.

What size is your pulley?

There is a thread on Miataturbo about using Autotune (cant find link) to is best ability re: tuning idle etc etc...

Welcome to the dark side!!
11% reduction here on a 1.8. Thanks to a bit of help from barry I think I'm getting there, just need to put some miles on the autotune now! :)

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Welcome to the darkside
If you calibrate your TB's its much quieter.......... Until you hit the loud pedal!!

Glad you are all sorted, and another Cooper S conversion lives..................... I think thats about 6 up and running now with more on the way

Barry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts