Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a nightmare with the MX5 at the moment. Sold my other car and intended to run the MX5 all summer so stuck it in for mot and it failed on leaking shock absorber and a hole that the tester pushed in the rear sill. So it needs welding. Been sat at the garage I use who sorted the shocks out for over a week because they haven't been able to get the welder they use to come and sort it. Meanwhile I am without a car which is a right pain in the arse! Anyone know someone who could come and weld it QUICKLY? ;(

·
Registered
6 Posts
pleeeeeeease?!
Hi Matt

Mike at the MG Workshop in Prestwich repaired my sills last year. He does a good job. You'd have to take the car to him and expect it to be out of action for a few days, depending on how bad your sills are and how long you want the repair to last. I don't know how much you're expecting to pay, but reckon on ?400 per side for a proper job and decent painting.
http://www.mgworkshop.net/

Hope this helps.

Andy

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to see what the score is at the garage tomorrow.
did you call andy ?
[/quote]

No, I'm going to ring the garage the car is at tomorrow, see if they have finally managed to arrange an appointment with the welder they use. If not then I will call Andy and hopefully arrange an appointment with him.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to see what the score is at the garage tomorrow.
did you call andy ?
[/quote]

No, I'm going to ring the garage the car is at tomorrow, see if they have finally managed to arrange an appointment with the welder they use. If not then I will call Andy and hopefully arrange an appointment with him.
[/quote]

think he could come to u

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update, car is back home. Garage had done NOTHING! Also felt that the second hand shocks I'd got hold of were nearly as knackered as the ones on the car which is bad times. Good times is I've ordered a full new set of OEM Mazda shocks and boots and Andy is coming to look at the sills on Sunday. We'll get there in the end.............

·
Registered
533 Posts
All sorted. Finally got the car back on the road. Would not hessitate to reccomend forum member andyhess for welding/bodywork. He collected when he said he would, delivered it back when he said it would, told me exactly how he was going to do the job and charged a very reasonable fee to do a repair on the sills that should last some time rather than just skim over the problem. Wow I finally have a roadcar again and more importantly after a year rotting down the drive the 5 is finally back on the road! Brilliant.

By the way, for future ref for anyone the job cost me £200 to do both sides of the rear sills.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.