Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
MX5 True Red 2006 MK3
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - New poster here.

I have had wet carpets in the passenger footwell - I looked at all the U tube vids - which say it is probably a leak from the front scuttle grommet and should be noticeable by rust on the bracket under the glove box - I had the garage remove the front trim and they say there is no blockage - same for the rear which was cleared out last year, I wonder if it could be the hood leaking after the car is 16 years old - does anyone have any ideas?

Registered
I think the garage may be confused on what they are looking at. The front scuttle grommets are under the black plastic panel that crosses the base of the windscreen. Two cover caps one each side of that panel need to be removed gaining access to the screws holding said panel down. It is exactly where those two screws are fixed to (the grommets) that leak. They need to be sealed with mastic, silicone to make them waterproof. Other stuff needs to be removed to completely remove said panel, the black rubber strip under the bonnet and wiper arms for instance although the job can be carried out with less dismantling.馃憤

Registered
As above, I had mine leak in the same way on my Mk3, either buy new ones or remove carefully the old ones and silicone seal them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts