Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed during wet weather that there's water dripping down onto the carpet in the passenger footwell. It looks to be coming from the area of the fuse box but I've not had any electrical issues. Has anyone seen this before?

Mazda charge £200 just to take a look at it 'an investigation' and other garages can struggle to get hold of parts, so thought I'd ask here first.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Maybe your drain holes need cleaning out, or a door seal most likely

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
If the rain water is coming in through the door seals and over the trim then your fuse box is safe enough as its away from the water. But if the rain water is coming in from under the trim that contains the fuse box, than watch out.If the latter, then remover the trim that has the fuse box door, and investigate.

·
layabout
2,353 Posts
easy way to trace water ingress is to use talc.

remove the trims & liberally 'dust' talc around the fusebox and any other suspect areas...

downside is the talc can turn into concrete but atleast you'll see the track of the water as a clean line (y)

Rich.

·
Torque Setting - Up to shear & back a flap!
2018 MX-5 SE - L Nav +2.0L 184 BHP
1,085 Posts
If its a Mk3 its the firewall white grommet that has broken, easy fix but a right pain in the arse until it is!

·
Registered
23 Posts
is it a mk3? if so you need to replace/reseal the grommets at the bottom of the windscreen. It's pretty common and the water leaks in under the dash over the electronics and onto the floor of the car. Not my video but I had the exact same issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts