Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi all,

Next weekend I might go to the UK to view a set of wheels. Because I'm looking for more parts for my 1993 1.6 mx5, I would like to view some other parts too, so even if the wheels aren't what I expected I didn't make a 9 hour trip for nothing.

What I'm looking for, first of all;

· A Turbo-kit

Would highly prefer a kit that is complete and has no need for something. Like something for instance I could buy Saturday and install Sunday. I might consider a supercharger kit, but Turbo is preferred. Direct fit for 1.6

Next, I'm looking for;

· A Hardtop

I would prefer a blue one, and will consider a white hardtop. Other colours are only interesting when the price is right. For colours other than blue (and maybe white) I do not really care for the condition of the paint as I might respray or wrap it.

Also, I do need;

· An aftermarket exhaust

Would like to have a sporty sound to my car, so I'm looking for an exhaust. No dual exit, looking for a single exit.

· Decat

See above.

Also:

· Wheels

In first instance I'm going to the UK to buy a set of wheels. Would like to have some backup when the wheels I'm going to view aren't as expected. Wheels I would consider are more classic look rims like;

Diamond racing
Rota Flashback
Rota Zero plus
Rota Shakotan
Rota Grid-V
XXR 002
Or equivalent

I would highly prefer undamaged wheels with no work to them, don't really care about the tyres when the price, again, is right.

Last:
  • Rollbar.
The wheels that I'm going to vies are based in Gillingham and I'll come by car, using the train tunnel to Folkesstone. So if you are based somewhere on that route, based close to Gillingham or willing to meet me somewhere on my route or halfway I'm interested in doing business with you.

I have not yet agreed on a day this weekend, so could be Saturday or Sunday. When I know the exact day and time I'll update my post.

Thanks!

Tim.

*Edit: Appointment to view the rims has been made, I'll meet the seller in Gillingham on Saturday at 1 PM. Could arrive earlier or stay longer to look at other parts.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Seeing as your getting a turbo, would you want a Torsen LSD too?

I have one up for sale, and I am based in Warwick. Will be better for the power you wish to go for.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Tim...i'm talking an entire (written off) turbo donor car ...all mechanicals intact and good. Solid engine, uprated clutch, intercooler, uprated front brakes, Turbo zorst, Torsen diff, Koni sports suspension. Based on an original BBR conversion (manifold) but subsequently replaced with Skyline turbo, FM Link engine management mapped and proven at 228bhp. Closest offer to £1500 considered ...will consider a pick 'n' mix but not willing to break up the power unit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Topic can be closed! Went to the UK yesterday and bought me a set of Diamond Racing wheels, a Carbing Rollbar, Cybox exhaust and a decat. Thanks, Jordan and Jack, it was nice to meet you guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.