Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chap's,

My car was built for drifting and has a welded diff, I want to change this for a type 2 Torsen 4.1 LSD. I can source the diff on here for about £250.00. I would like to know how much to change it - it's too big a job to do myself with my lack of mechanical skills!

So please let me know what you paid if you have had this done and a fixed price quote if you want the work and are located reasonable distance from so41 (Lymington) I would like to get this done asap to get ready for 20th Feb track day!!

Many Thanks,

Hal.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
changine a diff isn't too hard. do you need to change your prop and shafts too?
if your shafts have to come off, they have a tendency to weld themselves to the hub nut, which is a nightmare to get off! i failed twice, and had to get an engineering firm to split them with a 10t press!!!!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Hi Chap's,

My car was built for drifting and has a welded diff, I want to change this for a type 2 Torsen 4.1 LSD. I can source the diff on here for about £250.00. I would like to know how much to change it - it's too big a job to do myself with my lack of mechanical skills!

So please let me know what you paid if you have had this done and a fixed price quote if you want the work and are located reasonable distance from so41 (Lymington) I would like to get this done asap to get ready for 20th Feb track day!!

Many Thanks,

Hal.
Recommend you PM Skuzzle for a quote

He's only a nice little drive away close to Winchester

Sure you can do it yourself - but what will probably take you all day faffing around on your back, he'll prob do in a couple of hours

So much easier with a lot of experience and a nice 2 post lift

He charges a very reasonable rate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.