Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought, not bad shape, wanted a dark green MK1, this Edition came with Bilstein suspension which is now 22 years old. The car has a harsh(ish) ride over road bumps, doesn't bother me too much but wonder if it would benefit from changing. The car is never going to be tracked just looking for a comfortable UK road set up, any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just bought, not bad shape, wanted a dark green MK1, this Edition came with Bilstein suspension which is now 22 years old. The car has a harsh(ish) ride over road bumps, doesn't bother me too much but wonder if it would benefit from changing. The car is never going to be tracked just looking for a comfortable UK road set up, any suggestions welcome.

View attachment 59054
Comfortable fast road setup would be new OEM bushes all round and MeisterR Zeta CRD coilies

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
layabout
2,261 Posts
The car has a harsh(ish) ride over road bumps
that'll be the dampers, well known to be a little on the firm side😲

budget?

if you want comfortable road manners then oem spec rubber (Mazda parts are available @ similar prices to aftermarket) bushes BUT not a cheap option 😐

dampers & springs, the worlds your oyster but avoid ebay cheapies / chineese / taiwaneese tat...

Ohlins if you have deep pockets;)

Rich.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Check you tyre pressures.
Should be 26psi. Most mx5 i bought seem to be pumped upto 32psi..had 2 cars with bilsteins and i liked the ride ( at correct tyre press).
Worth checking b4 spending money.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts