Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have worked out how to make voices for satnavs, mainly Sygic Drive but TomTom too if someone really wants them.

Mainly I was hoping there would be some voice actors or people who can do a consistent funny voice who want to give me a hand recording some phrases. To be honest there are 250 separate phrases but the longest is about .8 of a second and the shortest is literally just the letter a.

Not looking to make ANY money off of this. If it works out then will use it for my satnav voice and if anyone wants to use it they are welcome to it. Mostly just for a bit of a lark and to see if I can make it work really.

Anyone up for it?

·
Early Man
3,328 Posts
Can you compile all the phrases by sampling actors off existing films? Then you could have Homer Simpson or Arnie or Mr T doing your sat nav voice. It would take a bit of time to make up but it could be pretty entertaining.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
I probably could with different actors but not all the same actor if you know what I mean.

Would probably be very amusing but would probably piss you off faster

I'm more the "programmer" then the "sound editor" if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Sounds like fun but I'm from buuuurmingham so have a terrible accent on it's own before I even attempt to put a voice on!

Good luck though, would love to hear the results

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
perfect. A strong brummy accent is easy as good as 'Turn left, fool'

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was just thinking that myself actually. Would be kind of amusing to load onto a friend's satnav.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.