Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,150 Posts
been fitting some deflex arb droplink bushes this afternoon. i've pressed the old bushes out, cleaned up the bores and pressed the new bushes in.

i only lightly cleaned the lumpy crap out of the bores to stop it tearing the edges as the new ones went in, however, the new bushes are slack in the droplinks. we're talking visible play, between 0.25 and 0.5mm. with the crush tube in, the bush spins in the housing, not on the tube.

i'm not happy to reassemble in that state, but has anyone else had similar issues? anyone dealt with deflex for refunds?

can anyone suggest some decent (but not too expensive) alternatives or should i just buy some new pattern droplinks from eurocarparts?

at least i can see what this american no rear arb craze is about for the next few days til i sort something out
tom

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
As you suggest thats not right but I've never had the problem with the 3 varieties I've fitted (not deflex though)

Autolink sell them as do polybush and super pro and no doubt many others.

·
Super Moderator
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okely dokely. i'll get onto deflex and see about a refund.

i can't see it being an issue my end. my drop links were by no means rotten and i haven't taken a significant amount out of them, barely cleaned the rust out of them. i'd be expecting them at least 0.5-1mm oversize on something soft like that. they're 'cast in precision machined steel moulds' though, so i assume him sending me another set isn't going to get me any better results.

looks like autolink then, since they're proven in pat's. i don't think i have funds for the polybush/superpro ones atm.
car feels odd without a rear arb. not bad odd, just....odd
tom

·
Registered
729 Posts
I got the set off MX5parts, didnt need to "press" the new bushes in, just used washing up liquid and pushed them in by hand, then pushed in the stainless steel collar by hand also, the fit was nice and snug!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.