Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what the darkest green is?

Which greens were the UK Mk1 available in?

These two look quite different but both according to the owners are Neo Green?..the first one looks quite 'washed out' but maybe its the lighting?

·
Registered
M52TU Turbo Swapped MX5
140 Posts
I was under the impression that MK1's only came in 2 different greens; British Racing Green and Marina Green (M edition only) but I could be very wrong. As for the cars in the pictures the second picture looks like its had some heavy photo editing so its pretty tricky to tell the shade of green the car is. The first picture on the other hand looks over exposed so the colours look washed out

·
Super Moderator
10,054 Posts
At least 3 greens. The Berkeley was sparkle green.

Neo green often looks washed out in photos. The second picture looks like it's had a filter or two slapped over it too

·
Registered
VVT swapped NA & TD04 turbo NB
95 Posts
As above Neo Green and Britsh Racing Green are the same coded paint, just different names for marketing (in part because the Japanese are/were obsessed with BRG)

It looks often washed out simply because it's a single stage paint, it's highly susceptible to UV damage as it has no clear coat and it relies on heavy polishing and more importantly waxing to achieve a mirror finish like in the second photo.

·
Registered
391 Posts
British racing green would be the darkest, and to the Japanese it is a very popular colour on their sports cars.

I owned a Honda Delsol Convertible for six years which I got as a Japanese Grey Import, and was identical to the UK version the Honda CRX. Mine was British racing green, which to me was a lovely colour.

The CRX in the UK was around £18k new, which was a crazy price at that time (1984). Way beyond my pay grade. My import was a lot cheaper, and I got it at three year old for £6k, whereas a UK version at three years old would have been around £9k. So I got a bargain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts