Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to fit a couple more gauges in my Mk1 but didn't want to put them in the heater vents as I value warm air living in this country! So I thought about putting them under the steering wheel like on the TVR cerbra. Obviously its not going to look quite as cool as that but got my brother to knock me something up as he's a model maker and good at that sort of stuff.
Inspiration!

Bought a couple of cheap 52mm pods from e-bay for the build.

Fitted in but not wired up yet, needs a little tweek to get it sitting dead center. I'll update when thats done.

· Oh, hai!
4,970 Posts
Nicely done!

I had wondered if gauges would work under the steering column. Turns out they do, and very well at that too.

· Registered
1,198 Posts
It might be worth making a note of the gauge pods you used from ebay and the measurements of the mount - you might find there's others wanting a set
Great work. Jealous of the mill.

· Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure how well that would work due to different spec of different wheels unless each one was custom made. Also i reckon having them fixed is easier to use as they are always in the same position, if on the wheel when turning the gauge will be reading at different angles if that makes sense and be harder to read.

· Super Moderator
22,155 Posts
Good is that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.