Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a rolling road tuner in the Essex area?

I have a HKS Turbo Roadster which has a couple of issues at the moment- I believe it's over-fuelling and, most pressingly, at WOT above 5k revs I get a metallic rattling noise which could be any number of things but basically I think the whole set-up needs a bit of fine-tuning in order to deliver peak performance.

So does anyone know of anyone within a reasonable distance of Basildon that knows a bit about tubby 5s and isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg? I've only just got the car so I don't really want to splash out loads of cash at this point but I appreciate that it's a good idea to have a turbo car running right to avoid big bills down the line.

I'm assuming I need a RR set-up but if anyone knows different then please chip in- I believe it's an FCON Mini controlled system although I haven't yet taken a looksy.

A

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
TCS Performance near stansted (its right on the M11 so its very easy to get to) have just sorted my 5 out and have just done a 270bhp turbo mx-5.

They are brilliant and helpful. They only charged me a pittance for sorting out my idle and the cold start. (£20 for his time - yet it was a particular ECU he was not familiar with being south african and quite rare in these circles, so in the time between my first call and taking the car, he had downloaded the software, and spoken to the ECU people abroad). An HKS should be no issue at all for them.

I can say enough good about them.
They use a dyno dynamics rolling road.

Honestly ~I was so pleased to find someone that wouldnt charge me and arm and a leg for a few mins work and genuinely seemed to know what they were doing.

Give Tom a call.

http://www.tcsperformance.co.uk/

As its up the motorway its probably no more time to get to as its very accessible. Its just off of the motorway roundabout.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TCS Performance near stansted (its right on the M11 so its very easy to get to) have just sorted my 5 out and have just done a 270bhp turbo mx-5.

They are brilliant and helpful. They only charged me a pittance for sorting out my idle and the cold start. (?20 for his time - yet it was a particular ECU he was not familiar with being south african and quite rare in these circles, so in the time between my first call and taking the car, he had downloaded the software, and spoken to the ECU people abroad). An HKS should be no issue at all for them.

I can say enough good about them.
They use a dyno dynamics rolling road.

Honestly ~I was so pleased to find someone that wouldnt charge me and arm and a leg for a few mins work and genuinely seemed to know what they were doing.

Give Tom a call.

http://www.tcsperformance.co.uk/

As its up the motorway its probably no more time to get to as its very accessible. Its just off of the motorway roundabout.
Much appreciated- it's not much more than half an hour away from me so I'll give them a bell. Cheers.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That 270bhp turbo mx5 is my mates running an emerald the map(s) is great on it so smooth and idles perfect with lightweight flywheel and 550s, I shal be using them when I get my car mapped.

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
That 270bhp turbo mx5 is my mates running an emerald the map(s) is great on it so smooth and idles perfect with lightweight flywheel and 550s, I shal be using them when I get my car mapped.
Glad it sound like he is happy. Tom was pleased with the results.

Ive seen it there a couple of times recently, and wondered if anybody knew who's it was.
Why not point your mate in this forums direction?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I believe he is registered but dosent use the forum, yea he went in for a boost controler and map then an actuator, I assume we are talking about the black mk1 with hardtop and 17s?

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
I believe he is registered but dosent use the forum, yea he went in for a boost controler and map then an actuator, I assume we are talking about the black mk1 with hardtop and 17s?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.