Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right this is my best efforts so far:

So anywho.. we have a bag of leds and a bunch of these :

Now what i am proposing is if anyone comes up with a greaterer idea and we go for it then i will give them a free set to do with as they please.
So i want you photoshop / ms paint legends to get playing.

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Damn beat me to it.... I was going to do pretty much that... it's kinda the obvious option as far as I'm concerned.

White led strip along the bottom... indicator off to the side... job done

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Not the best but give you an idea.

Neater arrow pointing outwards following the shape of the sidelights for indicators

for the actual light, as recessed and in the middle as possible 4 little LEDS.

Tis more or less how mine are and I love them like that

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I'm not 100% sure of this but I think the indicators should be marked with the British standard mark or something to pass an MOT. I've got away with led indicators at MOT time before but they were behind a clear or orange safety marked lens. I don't think they are so fussy about the sidelights though as long as they are bright and show up well. Just thought I would mention it before the MOT man fails this idea of yours.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you're going to use led's why not mount them in the crease line in the bumper?

Leave the tsi looking nice and clean and hide the led's in the channel thats already there?

think a line of led's in there half white half orange would look pretty cool. you could even have the indicator led's going round the corner of the bumper too and you could get rid of the wing mounted indicator.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you're going to use led's why not mount them in the crease line in the bumper?

Leave the tsi looking nice and clean and hide the led's in the channel thats already there?

think a line of led's in there half white half orange would look pretty cool. you could even have the indicator led's going round the corner of the bumper too and you could get rid of the wing mounted indicator.
thats an interesting idea but not something i could add to these to sell them with unfortunately... I've figured out though an led right at the bottom of the vent shows up loads better than on the front of the units... something to do with being in a dark hole i think... so might be going with that idea.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts