Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Keyboard 'worrier'
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen the Betty thing and its made me wonder why the fuck do they go to so much bother with it all? I mean they were just trying to advertise cars or something, but they must be just sad and lonely to make up stuff just to get people to talk to them. I put lots of info in a reply to a question the other day not even considering it could be just a troll.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I dont understand what that particular induvidual was up to, most trolls are generally trying to upset the forum or the people on it, or trying to get it shut down by posting offensive stuff that makes the owners think twice about their liability...

That particular goit just seemed happy to waste everyones time, what was the whole asking to be deleted thing about?

·
Keyboard 'worrier'
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah ok. Well I had never really seen if before and was only a couple of months ago I had to google troll to find out what the hell it was after hearing it on the news.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
There is usually something or somebody they don't like. Often there the banned, just trying to stir up anything they can. Other times they just feel challenged. They can be fun to feed, but don't get to involved. There emotional things. Thats why us 'men' don't fully understand it.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
This thread became very interesting with Daz's post, I'm now very intrigued...

If you say you can't discuss it then it must have been fairly serious, hope whatever it was hasn't damaged the forum in some way or caused you guys too much ball ache though.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Grin on mx5.com was a gold medalist @ trolling

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
This thread became very interesting with Daz's post, I'm now very intrigued...

If you say you can't discuss it then it must have been fairly serious, hope whatever it was hasn't damaged the forum in some way or caused you guys too much ball ache though.
+1 on that, I'll have to look for the post now.

·
~
15,357 Posts
I'd imagine the forum troll phenomenon has something to do with the author wanting their thread to go viral and gain some kind of notoriety online. There are worse hobbies. It's fascinating how people communicate online, there are trolls and then there are those who get called out with the "custard test" and "not sure if serious" replies. All good fun.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.