Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
26th of may, silverstone grand prix circuit ?595.00, same track 3rd of may for motor cycle`s ?169.00, thats some difference for two extra wheels. I know you can get more bikes on track at one time than cars but i am getting that just been mugged feeling.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
I friend of mine hired Silverstone on behalf of one of his clients last week. I dread to think how much it cost!

Still, if you own a 16M, Porsche Carrera GT and Enzo and want to drive them on a race track, i'm sure you can afford the exclusivity

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good points made there lads but as normal people we dont race or own really expensive cars, if you want to do trackdays the price is the price, even if its a wallet basher. Just having a rage against the machine, Rockingham and cadwell park for me this year as far as the car goes, spend the rest of the money on a holiday, I`ll console myself with using the bike at the expensive tracks ha ha.

·
Registered
278 Posts
My partner and I did a trackday at Colerne airfield near Bath and that was ?120 each driver -open pit lane, could go out as much as you wanted, ?10 extra to rent a helmet.
Granted it's not a proper 'track', but it's still bloody good fun!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
?240 for the day, not cheap, cadwell park ?169 and ?15 for an named driver, i`ve been spoilt by riding all the classic tracks for less, My lovely wife Lynda spun her mx at clearways at brands hatch and all her friends say, ohh Brands Hatch, there is something inspiring about driving or riding the same tracks that your heroes have won and lost on, i dont find a great thrill in just avoiding cones, to enter paddock hill and have your stomach churn as the track drops away from you or to exit the wooded section of cadwell park sideways onto the back straight, fabulous, converted airfields hold no magic for me, that`s not to say that they are no fun and that they are not challenging in there own way because they can be, its just the magic is`nt there. Just a winge lol.

·
Registered
278 Posts
We did take 2 cars though - so it was ?120 for each of us with our cars.
Fair enough, I didn't have a problem with the converted airfield personally, still extremely challenging and a couple of bastard corners which often caught us out.
We can't really afford to do any bigger tracks, so unfortunately empty converted airfields are the only ones in our price range.

Am thinking of selling the 5 soon anyway, so probably won't be doing any more.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We did take 2 cars though - so it was ?120 for each of us with our cars.
Fair enough, I didn't have a problem with the converted airfield personally, still extremely challenging and a couple of bastard corners which often caught us out.
We can't really afford to do any bigger tracks, so unfortunately empty converted airfields are the only ones in our price range.

Am thinking of selling the 5 soon anyway, so probably won't be doing any more.
Nice people like you are priced out of the bigger tracks, thats just unfair, its a shame that you might have to sell the 5 but the next couple of months are a good time to sell for good money, best of luck, Tony

·
Registered
278 Posts
Fraid so
I would love to do silverstone or thruxton but it's just too much unfortunately! I am maybe going to Llandow in july though so that will be fun regardless of what I'm in lol
thanks ihope I don't have to sell it but it's looking the only viable option at the moment!

·
moon dragon
1,281 Posts
Fraid so
I would love to do silverstone or thruxton but it's just too much unfortunately! I am maybe going to Llandow in july though so that will be fun regardless of what I'm in lol
thanks ihope I don't have to sell it but it's looking the only viable option at the moment!
what
you only just got it

·
Registered
646 Posts
I use Motorsport Events for my track days and Colerne is a good track. At ?120 per car/driver and ?20 for an additonal driver it really is good value. I did 3 track days with them last year and they don;t suffer fools gladly, in fact they chuck them out. I'd love rto do a bigger, proper circuuit but like you say I'm priced out of the market due to not earning a high enough wage, having a wife and two kids.

·
Registered
533 Posts
All sounds like silly money to me. The Mazda on Track and MG On Track events are much more competatively priced, many are on real tracks, even some are open pitlane and we're looking at much more sensible money.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I use Motorsport Events for my track days and Colerne is a good track. At ?120 per car/driver and ?20 for an additonal driver it really is good value. I did 3 track days with them last year and they don;t suffer fools gladly, in fact they chuck them out. I'd love rto do a bigger, proper circuuit but like you say I'm priced out of the market due to not earning a high enough wage, having a wife and two kids.
Yeah that's very true, they were definitely a decent crowd. Considering it was our first track day, we really enjoyed the experience!
I would love to do a bigger track same as you, but I know the feeling - unfortunately there's more important things to worry about!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts