Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
19,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this combination?

I fitted mine this weekend to my MK2.5 and after test fitting realised that whilst legroom is fine - I can slide the seat all the way back - seat tilt is severely resricted.

Unfortunately I can't sacrifice legroom for seat tilt either as due to the slope of the rear bar when you push the seat forward you don't actually get any more room to tilt the seat further back!

Has anyone modified the seat back to provide more 'arm room'.

Failing that is there a roll bar out there that fits the following criteria

* Fits with an OEM glass rear screen
* Fits with a HardTop
* Does not impede seat travel or tilt in any way at all with stock MK1/2/2.5 seats
* Is actually a roll bar and not a style bar.
* Isn't horrendously expensive

· My boys in an Atom 300!
1,387 Posts
Richy, can you take some pics of where you'd like the seat to be? Tilt is naturally restricted the farther back the seat goes as the rear of the seat is impeded by the parcel shelf. So, if you have the seat all the way back, the seat back is going to a little more upright than what a short-arse like me would be used to.

Looking at a pic of the TD, I assume that the top of the M2.5 seat is resting on the rear stay and that also puts your head near the main hoop, assuming your head is higher than the top of the seat?

P

· Premium Member
19,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Richy, can you take some pics of where you'd like the seat to be? Tilt is naturally restricted the farther back the seat goes as the rear of the seat is impeded by the parcel shelf. So, if you have the seat all the way back, the seat back is going to a little more upright than what a short-arse like me would be used to.

Looking at a pic of the TD, I assume that the top of the M2.5 seat is resting on the rear stay and that also puts your head near the main hoop, assuming your head is higher than the top of the seat?

P
I can't photograph it unfortunately as the bar is currently fitted, (will be removed next weekend!). With the bar not fitted I have the seat all the way back and the backrest is tilted at back at least few degrees, about the same angle that the firewall is at as a rough guess), unfortunately at the minute it's bolt upright and that's as far back as it'll tilt.

You are 100% correct in your assumption of where it's fouling, FWIW I'm 5'11" my head is not near the top of the seat. Unfortunately if I added any padding to the bar to protect my head - which I want to do - it'd make the seat travel issue even worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.