Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right its time for some new tyres and have got it down to the T1rs or the rainsport2 I have had T1rs before but keep hearing good things about the Rainsports and for £4 a corner more I'm tempted to try the Rainsports what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I had a full set of T1Rs on, due to my alignment the front ran out first and I now have rainsports on the front. So far I'm finding more grip when cold, a lot more in the wet. In the dry I can't comment as I haven't done a track day with them yet.

I would comment that though i find the turn in more immediate, the sidewalls may be a bit stiffer (not much though).

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
My opinion is that Rainsports are as good in the dry, and better in the wet. Which is why I've loved, and raved about them (as road and occasional track tyres) for the best part of 2 years.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had rain sports on my 106 and they were spot on, like said above, in the wait and cold they still performed well!

I've got toyos on the 5 but they're stretched so abit harder to say, but they grip lovely and seem sticky as sh*t

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,211 Posts
I'm on toyos and have been for years now but was considering a move to rainsports next.... heard good reports.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.