Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Charged but not Prosecuted
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Ahh yes!

quite crude but I've avoided searching for more power to keep things simple and cheap!

Ignition timing is taken care of by a bipes, fuel wise just by the pressure reg it's a bit thirsty off boost but there we go! In time I may well get something a bit more comprehensive we shall see !

·
Boost junkie
1,463 Posts
I really like this car. I think it's simplicity is really attractive. The JRSC mated to the short gears looks great for sprinting. Keep up the good work mate.

·
Boost junkie
1,463 Posts
Everytime I watch one of your video's I want a shot! Did you have to cut the braided lines yourself or was it a kit with the correct length of hose?

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Do you not suffer from power steering cavitation during the autosolos? I took part in my first autosolo at the weekend and the only problems I encounters were...

a ) power steering disappearing on quick low speed turns
b ) being slow due to enjoying being sideways too much

Awesome build by the way, kinda the way I'd like to go with mine (but think I'll be sticking NA) I'm on a bit of a shoestring budget at the moment what with a newborn and a wife to look after

Where you based? Do you run those autosolos yourself? They seem quite long runs... I had trouble remembering where to go on my relatively short runs!

Here's one from mine at the weekend... poor quality as I had the camera in qvga instead of HD

As you can see I spend most of my time sideways.... lol

·
Charged but not Prosecuted
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Yep I cut the lines my self, you can get away with them being much shorter than you think!

Yes, I do get cavitation and it's a pita!! Don't think there is much you can do about it really! I'm based on the isle of wight and yes we run our own events, they are a bit more strait forward to encourage people to have ago! No surprises you get lost that's a very long course!!

41 - 60 of 99 Posts