Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I have a few questions, I'm looking to purchase some new wheels, I have quite a few sets in mind, however I want to make sure I get near on the perfect wheel fitment.

I've been in contact with a company and one of the sets of wheels I'm looking at I can get in 15", 7" wide with an et25 offset

now my question is, will these sit fairly flush to the arches? As I want them to sit well but not make me suffer with arch issues and handling issues.

Also can you show me pics of your wheels, preferably a good shot to show how they sit against the arch, and details of wheel widths and offsets.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
There's going to be a lot more knowledgable answers than mine to follow I'm sure.

I'm running ET30 15x8 and although it looks pretty spot on it's all personal opinion and now I want spacers.

ET25 15x7 will be nice. 15x8 would be better I would say. Maybe a slightly lower offset.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, do you have any pics?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow, nice looking mx5!

thanks

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Mine are 15 x 7 et 30, so your's would be 5mm further out from these:

May be worth taking a look at the thread below for a few pointers, bear in mind a difference in wheel width will move the wheel in/out half that width difference, plus the actual difference in offset. So, difference between 15x7 et 25 and 14 x 8 et 20 would be 12.7mm (half an inch) on width plus 5mm on offset so 18mm further in. Lower offset will make the wheels stick further out.

http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44059

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I had a browse through that thread, thanks for the reply.

I would have thought there may have been an ideal wheel/tyre size though, for optimum looks and performance.

looks as though the size which I'm looking at should be pretty good though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts