Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Turn it UP!!!
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to remove all of the black sticky stuff from hell off the inside of the doors.
I'm going to dynomat (or the likes of "Brown stuff") the whole door and also attempt to replace the electic windows motor.
Before I start what tackles that stuff without taking the paint off

Meths, parafine, Isopropyl, hair dryer
acid????????

·
Nutz's official dead celebrity look-a-like.
1,314 Posts
Just put your best jeans and shirt on. Guaranteed to find it's way from door to clothing.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Or white spirit - cheapest cleaner.

Pat...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i call it the devils snot! i use brake cleaner. seems to do the trick.

·
Super Moderator
10,150 Posts
Or white spirit - cheapest cleaner.

Pat...
and leaves residue over everything. it's worse than meths! (you need to get over your meths fetish
) i'd use brake cleaner btw.

just bear in mind, you need to replace the diaphragm in the door when you're done, so tape it on or something otherwise the backs of your door cards will get piss wet through!
tom

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
[/quote]
just bear in mind, you need to replace the diaphragm in the door when you're done, so tape it on or something otherwise the backs of your door cards will get piss wet through!
tom
[/quote]

I'd second that, seeing as Mazda made the door cards out of glorified cardboard the slightest sniff of dampness and they fall apart!!!!

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
+3

So as your doing that anyway, theirs no real need to get all the black stuff off and make it look spotless
I used Parafin to soften and remove some of mine. Then cut and stuck a new sheet of PVC on with double sided tape for less mess next time round

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
why do you want it gone? can you not cover it over with gaffer tape or clingfilm while you work inside the doors? as peeps have said, its there for good reason

·
Turn it UP!!!
1,311 Posts
why do you want it gone? can you not cover it over with gaffer tape or clingfilm while you work inside the doors? as peeps have said, its there for good reason
I'll be dynomating (brown bread) the doors and a new sheet of PVC on the door cards themselves. Brown Bread for the speakers and PVC as the water barrier, with the added benefit of a clean door for when the electric windows pack up. Goodbye Devils Snot.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I found using a heat gun and then meth spirits was the best way and lots of rags to mop it all up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.