Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

The Black Sticky Stuff On The Inside Of The Door

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  buriedmoon 
#1 ·
What is the best way to remove all of the black sticky stuff from hell off the inside of the doors.
I'm going to dynomat (or the likes of "Brown stuff") the whole door and also attempt to replace the electic windows motor.
Before I start what tackles that stuff without taking the paint off

Meths, parafine, Isopropyl, hair dryer
acid????????

See less See more
#4 ·
Or white spirit - cheapest cleaner.

Pat...

#7 ·
and leaves residue over everything. it's worse than meths! (you need to get over your meths fetish
) i'd use brake cleaner btw.

just bear in mind, you need to replace the diaphragm in the door when you're done, so tape it on or something otherwise the backs of your door cards will get piss wet through!
tom

#6 ·
i call it the devils snot! i use brake cleaner. seems to do the trick.

#8 ·
[/quote]
just bear in mind, you need to replace the diaphragm in the door when you're done, so tape it on or something otherwise the backs of your door cards will get piss wet through!
tom
[/quote]

I'd second that, seeing as Mazda made the door cards out of glorified cardboard the slightest sniff of dampness and they fall apart!!!!

#10 ·
why do you want it gone? can you not cover it over with gaffer tape or clingfilm while you work inside the doors? as peeps have said, its there for good reason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.