Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Looking at your 7.. defo get some towels or summit in boot.. if mines parked like that it fills with water. Rain sits in the tailgate gulleys and tracks over.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Yeah I've read up on that, got a few towels in already! Appreciate the info tho man!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Investigated the diff since it knocks when the clutch engages (mainly in reverse). The propshaft looks bolted on properly but the diff is leaking. It looks like it's leaking from the half shaft (which could also be the source of the knocks)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Investigated the diff since it knocks when the clutch engages (mainly in reverse). The propshaft looks bolted on properly but the diff is leaking. It looks like it's leaking from the half shaft (which could also be the source of the knocks)
I’m interested what you find here. Mine also knocks in reverse and has a leak. So far my solution is to pour more oil in the top, but I’m not against doing something more permanent at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I’m interested what you find here. Mine also knocks in reverse and has a leak. So far my solution is to pour more oil in the top, but I’m not against doing something more permanent at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bets the half shaft. diff has recently been rebuilt by a reputable company so I trust their workmanship

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Got some bits done today! Finally got cracking with the rust repair on my 5, it's really not too bad! Sill end plate is all solid, just a small hole at the bottom of the arch as it meets the rear sill!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Cut out all the outer sill, I'm really impressed with the condition inside! The cavity wax I used a couple of years ago has held up very well. Tomorrow I'll grind off everything to bare metal and protect it all for years to come!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
First layer of protection on! Tomorrow morning is the second layer and then it's cavity wax time!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Tack welded the sill on, then seam welded the top. Just the bottom to do now! Cant believe the sills were only spot welded from factory

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
The other quarter has had a repair before, full of filler! Not much rust at all though! Only had to fabricate the inner quarter! Also moved into my first ever unit, so happy!

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,254 Posts
Where are you upto with the M62?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Where are you upto with the M62?
Sorry I didn't get a notification for this! I've ordered the engine bits off of bofi and I'm about to buy a second engine to build. Once that's done it's a case of throwing the supercharger kit on!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Got the engine in the rx7, I couldn't find the engine mount bolts though so it's held in with screwdrivers for now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

101 - 119 of 119 Posts