Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·

WE GOT THE PASS! After a month, 4 mots, 2 retests and a blown half shaft we finally got there! The exhaust is a state and the map runs very lean when caning it but we got it! Next job is a full alignment and a full stainless custom exhaust system, then I can get it mapped!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The map is running very lean so I've adjusted the fuelling (up to 25%!) Just got to take it out driving with someone for a few hours so I can properly trim each individual cell. Anyway, I'm in love with how the car is coming together!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Trimmed my fuel table a little bit to the best of my abilities and the car is running much better! Ready for a 120 mile visit to Buttertubs tomorrow! (Hopefully😰)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
We made it! The car ran a treat the whole weekend! 500 miles + of either caning it or cruising - there was no inbetween
The car handles fantastically, I truly couldn't get it to break traction on those tight twisty roads. In love.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Okay guys I have the mx5 booked in for a custom exhaust on Tuesday. Gonna go 2.5 inch stainless with a small resonator and small backbox.
In other news, I just bought my dream car! SO excited for where I can take this FD build! I cant believe it. I actually own an rx7!
20210718_182233.jpg
20210718_182126.jpg
20210718_162342.jpg

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Wow ! Looks good

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Thank you! Can't believe I actually own one now! It's gonna be a fair amount of work but I can't wait!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Whats the story with it? Looks like the guy in picture pushing it?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Whats the story with it? Looks like the guy in picture pushing it?

It was a project that he fell out of love with as he has just bought a house and had a baby. He has already put a lot of work into it and there isn't a massive amount left! I'll paste the mods and planned mods below!

Mods:
BC Racing Coilovers
Custom front tubular chassis
Custom 3.5" Downpipe
Mazdaspeed bonnet
C West body kit (idk what this is yet but I need to research itWheeze )
Advan RG1s powder coated gold in 18 x 8.5 and 18 x 9.5 (super light and very rare)
Brand new AD08RS
Borgwarner S363SXE (billet compressor wheel)
DM Motorsport billet fuel rails
Advocult AN lines
Aeromotive FPR
Turblown stainless exhaust manifold
GFB 50mm wastegate plumbed back in for decibel limits
3.5 inch turbo back exhaust w/ 2 resonators
Custom V mount intercooler and radiator (4 inches thickBale )
Twin 19 row oil coolers with mishimoto remote oil thermostat
Brand new competition clutch still in box - stage 4, 6 paddle spring clutch good for 500 lb/ft
Brand new lightweight flywheel still in box
Apexi power FC ECU w/hand controller
Genuine carbon wing (from Japan but I've forgot the brand)

Future mods:
Get it delivered
Run brake lines and maybe install ABS as previous owner removed it
Strip down and refurb brake seals and pistons, install new pads and discs
install the fucking turbo onto the engine
install the engine
Por15 on underside
Strip down loom and tidy it up and remove unneeded wires
Put heat protection in the transmission tunnel
Swap out BC coils for MeisterR
Remove that awful light shroud thing
Maybe sell wing?not sure
Map the ecu for new turbo
Streetport

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Cool. Thatll keep you busy.
Nowt wrong with the BCs mine have been on for 6 years still look a week old. Std springs for bc are 10fr 8 rr. I resprung mine 12fr 10rr for trackwork. Probably swap back at some point as never going on track again.
The oem manuals are online. Ive got 2 lever arch files and makes a good read for knowledge.
Tuning would be for me Pip Guardner of wgt fame. Rotary reliabilty is all about the tune.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Cool. Thatll keep you busy.
Nowt wrong with the BCs mine have been on for 6 years still look a week old. Std springs for bc are 10fr 8 rr. I resprung mine 12fr 10rr for trackwork. Probably swap back at some point as never going on track again.
The oem manuals are online. Ive got 2 lever arch files and makes a good read for knowledge.
Tuning would be for me Pip Guardner of wgt fame. Rotary reliabilty is all about the tune.

Thank you for the tips! I appreciate that! It's gonna be a big learning curve haha but I'm really excited!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Looks to have be meticously cleaned and prepped which is a good sign.. looks like a good buy there. I keep threatening to sell mine then i take it out and fall in love with it again lol.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Looks to have be meticously cleaned and prepped which is a good sign.. looks like a good buy there. I keep threatening to sell mine then i take it out and fall in love with it again lol.

Thank you! Yeah the owner kept saying he knew he was gonna regret it immediately haha

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I do believe the light shroud on rear could be a concept 7 item.. hopefully not bonded on.
Early cars had square light for side and brake lights. Later cars it was round light emmitted and these lights are expensive. So this shroud makes them look round.
Mine are round as took em apart and converted with a round stencil and spray paint lol. Saved myself £350.
Standard oem parts Clive at Mazda Rotary Parts.com
Hes my mate who races a rx8 with 550bhp plus rx7 rew init.
He really is the oracle on rotaries and if you need standard or aftermarket parts hes got em and tested them on track.
The rotary community is a funny place its small and got its diehard tuner fans. Im not on any of the forums as i tbh find them toxic when a newbie asks a simple question. Just be warned lol.
If you have any questions just ask..ill offer my opinion and if i dont know ill say so.
Did the previous owner do the fuel filter? Worth doing when under car it often gets missed as its a pita.
Any qs happy to help. Theres some funny querks to these cars but once you know em your set.
Id highly recommend also an aftermarket alarmed coolant temp gauge.. the standard gauge is non linear.. its sits in middle and then when too hot dinks to red.. my defi coolant gauge alarms at 98degc.. its saved my engine twice. Inc. On track a split rad.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts