Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of standard seats with headrests in mk mk2, a friend would like this for his mk1 as he wants to use a tonneau cover and the removable headrests will make this easier.. I would like the highback mk1 seats as they look about eleventy billion times better and have working speakers in the headrests...

The problem is the seatbelst his go into the tunnel and min go into the subframe..

Is is possible to swap the subframes? or is there another solution..

Mine:

His:

·
Registered
284 Posts
i had this problem recently after swapping seat belts. you should have the holes in the tunnel of your car to take the other buckles, if you run your hand inside the tunnel carpet, where the deck carpet touches the floor, you should feel the holes that you need to bolt the replacement receivers to. they may have a grommet or tape over them.

my car doesn't have the fixed nut to screw straight into so it'd be a good idea to have a plate welded onto the outside of the tunnel so you can attach seatbelt stalks to with a nut and bolt. you'll see what i mean when you get in there.

as for your mate, if he's lucky his belts should fit straight into the stalks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.