Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Got this last monday (12th)

Drove down to Bradford, swapped me 323f sport for it...drove home, didnt miss a beat.

Still trying to dig for information on it...all i can find so far is;
1991 mk1 Eunos mx5
standard engine
some crhome "bling" on interior
New Momo steering wheel, gear Knobb and pedals
Duno what kidna of alloys painted in white

Few plans are;
remove "dodge" stripes.
change alloys
remove everything white and replace with yellow me thinks...
New exhaust
more speakers (I heart ICE)
try hide my Ipod wire a bit better

Already done since i owned it is;
upgraded front speakers to Alpine SXE 1725S
ordered a front splitter of ebay...

thanks all...comments?

OH what are those little cover like things i have seen on the side lights? they look cool....

·
Registered
10,318 Posts
NICE. id go along with removing the side stripes,but like the centre stripes,but thats a personal choice.def remove stuck on badges on sideskirts,and get a correct one for the front bumper..id lose the steering wheeel too..

and wheels look like standard daisies sprayed white.

·
The Hong Kong Nutzer
1,359 Posts
i think blue goes better with white than yellow... but its all down to personal taste

i like blue car with white wheels and bits, not sure with white daisy but white wheels will look good
swapped your 323 for it? so you are still driving same engine?

nice car i wish i have a blue one

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think blue goes better with white than yellow... but its all down to personal taste

i like blue car with white wheels and bits, not sure with white daisy but white wheels will look good
swapped your 323 for it? so you are still driving same engine?

nice car i wish i have a blue one
no no no clearly not...mine was the BJ (lol) 2l sport 16v...pretty nippy but cumbersom...and family ish...notrealy me...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NICE. id go along with removing the side stripes,but like the centre stripes,but thats a personal choice.def remove stuck on badges on sideskirts,and get a correct one for the front bumper..id lose the steering wheeel too..

and wheels look like standard daisies sprayed white.
What badges am i looking for here then??

i kinda like them wee badges on the side skirts tbh and the stripes are growing on me...but i have contacted my painter about a freshen up of the paint...without the stripes...

Since owning it i have;
changed the speakers to Alpine SXE-1725S
FULL service
new rear tyres

Ordered a bunch of parts whcih haven't arrived yet...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
slight update...

exhaust fell off last week so i replaced it with a nice new stainless on friday..got it back on sunday monring in time for that JDMY0 photoshoot

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
started to upgrade my headrest speakers
Before

As it sits the now

Bit of an update...was asked to take pictures for a mate who done the exhaust for his garage work

Brace bar came today, so tonight i will be rubbing it down and prepping it for hammeriting...

today before tea i done some cam cover painting
2coats of primer
Couple of imperfections (1st time painting with rattle can that really matters)

then i rubbed it down and sprayed it a few more times 5 or 6.th coat or primer

Next stage will be to buy more paint (not primer lol) and finishing it off...and hope my girlfriends art, teady hands can do the indent writing areas lol

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
More bad painting skills

one rubbed down brace bar

one coat of primer

after a few coats of primer and many rubbing (lol) and a skoosh with some crazy paint my dad had lying about that's apparently "better tham hammerite"

getting rubbed down and done again tomorrow

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.