Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy over here in N.I has a supercharger kit advertised for sale, I am waiting to hear details back as to what the kit actually consists of, but can anyone tell me 1. what the kit should include, 2. what all i need (for a really basic set up, not looking to go all out). also he has it advertised as a 1.8 supercharger kit, will this fit mk1,mk2-2.5 or are the kits different? help would be appreciated as i hope this all comes together! i think thats all i need to know at the minute.

thanks,
stephen

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
standard kit should come with the charger, charger bracket, longer throttle cable, dummy throttle body, crossover pipe, silicon hoses, pulleys, a belt. also will included management such as an AFPR or a powercard or something. few more bits and bobs im sure others will add to the list. basic kits go for about a grand.

think the kits are different for mk2/2.5 not sure though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey rory, thanks for that, is there anything i should look out for with regards to condition of the kit? or are they usually reliable? he's told me the only things ill require to fit the s'c are a crossover tube and something to control fueling and timing? he has something called an AEM FIC, will this do the job?

·
Registered
281 Posts
hi, found out the kit was on a mk2, so can anyone tell me if the mk2-2.5 are the same kits? cheers
Which kit would help. The BRP/SoT/FM kits are basically the same between the M1/M2's.... The M45's might have a few slight different parts I believe... for mounting.

Coldsides, will be a PITA because of the different angle of the instake manifold runners between M1/M2 heads.

The AEM is an aftermarket ECU.... I'm just not sure if it's the full ecu one, or the piggy back....

Dave,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts