Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made of metal (alu or steel) with the 90 degree bends at each end. Like the following BRP one:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump.

·
"And the TrackDog said, let there be Boost.
7,086 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For 1.6 or 1.8
[/quote]

Is the difference just the length or also diameter?

It's for my Mini-M45 install, so not sure if it matters if it's just length.

Regards,
Jamie.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Are you not fitting an intercooler Jamie? Remember that the outlet maybe in a slightly different position to the JRSC so a standard crossover pipe may not fit that well, may be wise to borrow one to do a test fit before buying.....

Barry

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Barry,

As long as it's a metal variant, I plan to chop it in the middle to give some adjustment (much like the BRP one posted above). It's to help with the issue of the silicon pipes collapsing - no matter what adjustment I make it's still happening and noticed all other supercharger kits use metal bends.

I'll be going intercooled but only later in the year. My plan is to use a BBR intercooler I've got lying around with a civic alu radiator...

Jamie,

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Ahh right
I was getting 'sucked in' silicone bends as well but completely closing the post charger TB at idle cured it

Barry

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a theory that my problem is using the two different types of 1.8 throttles; they each have a different response so do not open at the same rate.

At the supercharger end:

At the inlet manifold end:

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Thats not going to help the problem, looks like you cant change the pulleys over either

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.