Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
I'm hoping someone can help me out here,

I've currently got a stainless axle back system on my MK2 1.8, it has a nice note to it, not too loud for my liking.

The centre section is still standard, at the moment I'm sure I can here blowing coming from the centre section somewhere, if I was to replace the centre section between the cat and axle flange in stainless with no mid box, how loud am I looking at being? I was looking at doing this anyway at some point, but with MOT looming, now is a better time than any!

Just wondering if anyones done this, and if it makes that much difference to how loud it'll be? And would it be worth having a silencer fitted in the cetnre section when its done? Cat will be staying it, so it wont be de-cat, just straight through apart from the box on the tail pipe.

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm....I wasnt sure, cos I did this on my old car and it didnt change the volume at all, just gave a slightly deeper note.

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not going de-cat though, I'm keeping the cat in.

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, its booked in to have the centre section done next week. The guy I'm taking it to has an epic reputation round these ways, and he did my old car. Said he'd take a look at the system, see how big the cat and back box is and come to a conclusion as to whether it'll be silly loud without a mid box. Either way, centre section from the cat to the axle flange, straight pipe ?65, with a silencer in ?93. Happy days!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts