Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to keep my hood down as much as possible but the plastic rear window is becoming very creased.
So, any tip as to the best way to alleviate this as much as possible?
I have thought about unzipping the window but it is so fiddly.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
The rear window should be unzipped every time you put the roof down, otherwise you might find it will split, especially when cold.

My advice, always unzip it, failing that some people use a bit of pipe lagging, and put it in the fold as you open the roof

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Gave my zip a squirt of ptfe and the difference was night and day.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just make sure the window isn't kinked whilst folding the top down carefully by pressing on the window equally. Not had a split/crack in cold weather yet... could be tempting fate though!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now freed up the zip and will unzip each time I lower the hood.
Easy Peasy.
Just one other related thing and that is how can I adjust the hood catches as it is a struggle to get the catches located & locked when putting the hood up?.
It seems that a bit of adjustment may be required.

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you open the catch you'll see the extending bolt type thing (best way to describe it). There's a metal "flap" at the windscreen side - Pull out and down towards the windscreen and you'll be able to twist the bolt to extend the reach of the clip. Be careful though - A small twist can make a big difference! If it's a bit tight, I think you can fit an 8mm open spanner on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.