Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today on the way home today from shopping in Peterborough I find myself on one of the 3 lane roads... You know the ones where one side of the road has a mini "Dual Carriage Way" for a while and then it goes back to a single while the other side of the road has the two lanes...

Anyway so I come off of the roundabout to be greeted by a woman in a 2010 Mercedes sitting in the overtaking lane going very slow, and me being me I decided to quickly undertake her safely.

A few hundred metres up the road I see her coming very fast from behind me and I cant help but notice that the road is about to switch back to the single lane. However she continued to approach me rapidly on the outer lane, and thats when she decided to cut me up on the part of the road which switches back to the single lane... This part of the road is not usually driven on and lots of stones and rubble collect there, and as she cut me up she managed to send a fairly large stone into my windscreen!

My friend and I absolutely shat ourselves as it was such a loud hit... And my windscreen had two large chips and a crack in it... Not happy

Good job that I have windscreen cover!

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Thing is, When your early well preserved Roadster gets hit, they come and fit a heavyer non jdm screen. New surround too. I have heard these policys called 'glass only' too, which I find a concern.

Least a heavyer screen might not bust so easily

·
Registered
600 Posts
So you undertook her then complain about her bad driving?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thing is, When your early well preserved Roadster gets hit, they come and fit a heavyer non jdm screen. New surround too. I have heard these policys called 'glass only' too, which I find a concern.

Least a heavyer screen might not bust so easily
Aww damn :/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts