Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently had the catalytic convertor stolen from my MK3 2008 MX-5 and because of the way they b******ds jacked the car they damaged the off side floor plan in the process when they jacked the car up. My insurer have sorted out getting the cat replaced and the repairs to the floor pan.

I have read on the internet that some car owners are fitting a plate or locking mechanism to prevent the cat from being stolen (again). Does anyone know of an aftermarket plate/lock that can be retrofitted to an MX-5 or would it have to be specially made?

Many thanks

Alan

·
Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,523 Posts
Sorry to hear that. At least the insurer is sorting it. I know The MX-5 Restorer came up with a security plate design to protect the cats on Mk.2 cars. Don't know if they also d a Mk3 design but it couldn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke to The MX-5 Restorer today and unfortunately they are not looking to make a cat protector for the Mk3s. Does anyone know of anyone else who makes/will make a cat security plate for the Mk3s. Apparently they didn't sell may of them for the Mk2s. Maybe I will build one myself......but it's about 30 years since I have done anything like that.....also found out and to add salt to the wound the scrap value of a Mk3 cat is bugger all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts