Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Damien
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before drivers side stopped working a few weeks ago it worked a little at first, it would move up and down about 1-2 inches and then wouldn't do anything, this was before it died

I've just fitted the replacement and this one is doing the same thing, could it be switch related? need some help on this as I can't get the window fully up and I don't have a garage to store it.
only other thing I can think is the cable inside the motor can they twist or anything?

·
Registered
76 Posts
What exactly did you replace? The cable has probably snapped somewhere along the regulator/motor mechanism, yes.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Switches can be faulty.

Temp way of moving windows is to remove doorcard and connect 12v and ground directly to the window motor which only has 2 wires so it's not exactly rocket science

The motor will move in the direction relative to the polarity. If it's moving in the wrong direction then reverse the polarity to get the direction you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.