Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a Sparco Rev that I want to put into my mk1 and I got some JB Fab seat mounts for it (fit perfect on one side and on other side i have to cross thread slightly as hole is like 1mm off but no problem).

I went to put it in today, fitted the mounts to the seat then put it in the car but had no access to the rear floor bolts and the front left side of the seat was hitting the transmission tunnel so I couldn't get the front left floor bolt in either. I took it all out and put the seat mounts in first bolted them in fine then put the seat in but the transmission tunnel got in the way of me putting the seat bolts in to the mount.

I've heard that plenty of people have fitted these and the mounts and seat are the perfect fit for the mx5 so how the hell do I fit this?

this is as far over as the seat can go as the seat is pushed right up by the transmission tunell

· Registered
558 Posts
Looks like you may need some spacers between the left side seat mount and the Side of the seat. I use Sparco Sprint V with those mounts and they fit fine, but my seats look like they slimmer over all.

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think this is the perfect seating position and nah its fixed sadly
and I don't have access to a welder haha basically I'm f**ked
lol I think I'll have to get new bolts and put spacers in
can I just get any bolts for it or do I have to get special strong ones?

· Registered
476 Posts
The Sparco seats should fit straight on the mx5 seat runners doing away with the seat mounts, I believe there are bolt holes to the underside of the Sparco seat which almost line up with the holes on the 5's runners you may need to make the holes slightly elongated in the runners then just bolt the in.
hope this helps

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I did that but the springs and other crap attached to the runners gets in the way and stops the seat from going flush with the runners, that's why I bought these mounts. I'd rather use these mounts too because the standard runners broke the other day as I took the seat out :/

· Registered
255 Posts
Looks like its touching the carpet not the tunnel? Maybe ask Mr. Stanley knife if he can help? Or bolt that corner in first? When I did my Sparco Corsa I just bolted side mounts straight to the floor and purposely positioned the seat close to the tunnel like yours, it the only way you'll get clearance to the seatbelt tower. The only way to get it bolted in was to leave everything loose and work backwards from the trickiest to easiest, it took AGES but its better than bodging it onto the OE runners and sitting no lower than standard!

Don't let a bit of fiddling with the seat install stop you from having a decent seating position!

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I tried bolting the corner first but it just wont even get over the hole to line up and i thought if i can push it and try doing it up it will maybe pull the seat over a bit but it just kept clicking as i thought it was getting on the thread.

The carpet may be the key to this, I did try to take it out but I didn't realise that the carpet for the transmission tunnel is the entire carpet for the whole car lol and I don't wanna cut it up to find out it still doesn't fit but needs must so i'll most likely end up doing that.

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I did look at those but then this came up cheap for £50 and I'd seen fair amount of people had fitted it with no issues so i went for it. I think I'll try a combination of filing it away and cutting the carpet then see where it gets me. Cheers for the help and worst comes to worst I'll have to sell it and fork out for a sprint

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.