Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been on the forum a while but never used it as much as i did since i got my 3rd mx5 (that might not seem alot but im only 21) so this was my first one

after spending about 2k on coilovers exhaust dvd double din few engine mods... i didnt buy an alarm and it was nicked from outside my house stripped for bits and found a few days later, with the insurance company only offering pennies i had to cut my losses and sell it on ebay,

i tried to be sensible for a little while with a family style 5 door megane, then tried a mk4 golf GTI, couldnt stand it and had to get an mx5 back.
so i got a bit eager on ebay and bought this...

i dont know what i was thinking it is definitly NOT to my taste i just liked the interior. so stuck that back on ebay and got offered a swap on this...

Mk1 Eunos Import 1.6 relatively standard. imported in 2007 and really clean shell. and ive got plans

got a pair of cobra monacos 4 point harnesses and dished steering wheel to go in. then going for TRS tow strap and red webbing grab handles.

Coilovers to give a nice stiff low ride.

then turbo

then all the little extras like lazy eyes etc.

any suggestions on anything else i should do? hopefully i will put a build thread up.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
very nice mate, that blue one is ermm... very unique?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha yeh thats the word i used to defend it... i then saw myself in the reflection of a window and that night it went on ebay... i was just so desperate to get back into i thought any mx5 would do... when you weigh one down with that much bodykit and spoiler it does not drive the same!

·
Registered
454 Posts
haha yeh thats the word i used to defend it... i then saw myself in the reflection of a window and that night it went on ebay... i was just so desperate to get back into i thought any mx5 would do... when you weigh one down with that much bodykit and spoiler it does not drive the same!
[/quote]

I really like it, except the rear spoiler! dont get me wrong I also really like the standard mk1 front also. If you have a body kit like that you better have decent gear under the bonnet or you will just get laughed at

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Ive been on the forum a while but never used it as much as i did since i got my 3rd mx5 (that might not seem alot but im only 21) so this was my first one

after spending about 2k on coilovers exhaust dvd double din few engine mods... i didnt buy an alarm and it was nicked from outside my house stripped for bits and found a few days later, with the insurance company only offering pennies i had to cut my losses and sell it on ebay,

i tried to be sensible for a little while with a family style 5 door megane, then tried a mk4 golf GTI, couldnt stand it and had to get an mx5 back.
so i got a bit eager on ebay and bought this...

i dont know what i was thinking it is definitly NOT to my taste i just liked the interior. so stuck that back on ebay and got offered a swap on this...

Mk1 Eunos Import 1.6 relatively standard. imported in 2007 and really clean shell. and ive got plans

got a pair of cobra monacos 4 point harnesses and dished steering wheel to go in. then going for TRS tow strap and red webbing grab handles.

Coilovers to give a nice stiff low ride.

then turbo

then all the little extras like lazy eyes etc.

any suggestions on anything else i should do? hopefully i will put a build thread up.
An alarm........

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
kill switch doesnt go amiss either.

good work on the new one, nice set of sparcos on it too, would likely fetch 250quid to the right buyer. look like a decent width and offset also, 14x7 et30 or something like that.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kill switch, good idea!

as for the wheels i thought they were sparcos but on the centre caps it just says NAR and they are the wheels that were on it when it was imported so dont know what the crack is, i like them anyway im going to go for the red scheme with straps harnesses etc so the wheels suit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.