Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
K888BOY
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some ideas for replacement wing mirrors, tired of the mx5 ones and want something different.

Bullet style, jdm style, anything different that looks good.

·
K888BOY
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a picture of mine from there site east coast
miata in America
those are the type i fancy, they look stronger than the mx5 ones. If find the mx5 ones really flimsy.
But the price is far too much for me, gotta stay within ?50, seen some similar on ebay that are more classic car mirrors.
thanks for the link though.

·
K888BOY
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I find the mx5 ones really flimsy.
define 'flimsy'

is it the way they don't vibrate at speed, or the way they stay where you put them?

both are issues you're likely to have to conquer with aftermarket mirrors.

the stock ones certainly give a good view.
tom
[/quote]

mine don't vibrate the trim keeps falling off and i just want something smaller so they dont get clipped so much.

·
internet warrior
11,622 Posts
good luck finding a set off JDm style bullet mirrors for less than ?50!

classic car site ones will need modifing to fit your car.....

if you had ?100 to play with then there are a few options out there from autolink etc

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
mine don't vibrate the trim keeps falling off and i just want something smaller so they dont get clipped so much.
MX5 electric ones can be bought fairly cheap now

1) they don't have to be wired in (the mirror can be adjusted inside the housing by hand)
2) they don't have the black plastic surround
3) No rusting bolt problem
4) They can be folded back when parked without losing the mirror setting
5) They fit the same holes
6) They look better than the manual ones(in my opinion) as they are more streamlined.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Never hit one yet.......

IMO, anything other is a step backwards and will be harder to use.

Pat...

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
MX5 electric ones can be bought fairly cheap now

1) they don't have to be wired in (the mirror can be adjusted inside the housing by hand)
2) they don't have the black plastic surround
3) No rusting bolt problem
4) They can be folded back when parked without losing the mirror setting
5) They fit the same holes
6) They look better than the manual ones(in my opinion) as they are more streamlined.

Oh and Roland, why do so many of your mods remind me of a pair of breasts!
[/quote]

You mean the Mk2 electric ones? Gonna have to find me a pair of those!

·
Registered
518 Posts

Bought from Classic Parts World for ?11.19 each. They fitted straight on to the JDM adapters I picked up on eBay for a tenner. The convex mirror gives good visibility. Drivers side positioning is excellent, passenger side could be better but is acceptable (my fault for being a shortarse).

There must be someone here that could make up the adapters....

Regards,

·
K888BOY
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Bought from Classic Parts World for ?11.19 each. They fitted straight on to the JDM adapters I picked up on eBay for a tenner. The convex mirror gives good visibility. Drivers side positioning is excellent, passenger side could be better but is acceptable (my fault for being a shortarse).

There must be someone here that could make up the adapters....

Regards,
I really like them, where can I get the adapters?, these are my choice good price and they look good on a black car yippee thankyou very much!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I really like them, where can I get the adapters?, these are my choice good price and they look good on a black car yippee thankyou very much!
I'd been searching for these mirror adapters for ages before I got lucky. They came with broken stems from an import. If you (or anyone else) knows someone who can make them up I'm happy to whip them off and provide dimensions/photos etc.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Heres some not great pics of mine (damn shiny car, too many reflections!). They are quite bulky like the originals, not sure what they are, they were on when i got the car. The drivers side rattles and its REALLY annoying
but i still think they look good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.